By Chad Prigmore
Jesus tells His followers in Matthew 22:37 that, "You shall love the Lord you God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind." If we love the Lord that much then anything that insults Him or is contrary to His word and commands should repulse us.
1. Bill Wilson personally insulted Jesus Christ by claiming that he was "completing the works that Christ didn't finish" and he claimed himself to be "a reincarnation of Christ." (From a letter written in 1952 by Bill Wilson's Secretary, Henrietta Seiberling).
2. On page 58 of "Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions" a direct insult to and denial of the atoning sacrifice of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of sins is made. The claim is made that, "Our moral inventory had persuaded us that all-round forgiveness was desirable, but it was only when we resolutely tackled Step Five that we inwardly knew we'd be able to receive forgiveness and give it, too."
3. At most AA or other 12 step meetings the Lord's prayer is recited aloud by the entire group. This is an insult to Jesus Christ because His holy prayer is recited by those in the room that deny Him and participate in a false religion (AA) that denies His divinity. It is also in direct defiance of the command to Jesus' followers to not be unequally yoked with unbelievers.
4. Jesus tells us in John 14:6, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
5. Once again Jesus is insulted by the book "Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions" when the doctrine of salvation by Grace Alone, through Faith Alone, in Christ Alone is completely denied on page 34 of that book which states, "Like all the remaining Steps, Step Three calls for affirmative action, for it is only by action that we can cut away the self-will which has always blocked the entry of God - or, if you like, a Higher Power - into our lives. Faith, to be sure, is necessary, but faith alone can avail nothing. We can have faith, yet keep God out of our lives. Therefore our problem now becomes just how and by what specific means shall we be able to let Him in? Step Three represents our first attempt to do this."
This is only a small sampling of hundreds if not thousands of the Christ denying insults and apostasy that permeate the AA 12 step program and it's accompanying literature.
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works. - 2 Timothy 3:16-17
1/5/2018 05:41:04 pm
Rev. Eddie Owens
1/13/2019 05:39:16 pm
I have never believed in AA or a twelve step except the twelve ordinary men that turned the world upside down with the Gospel!
1/22/2019 12:48:11 pm
The gospel is the only true answer. Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life.
1/21/2019 11:46:44 am
Where was the body of Christ during all these years when people where dieing, family's destroyed by alchole and/or drugs? Now the church wants to come in and bad mouth the one place where junkies, bums and alcholics could come and BE ACCEPTED and not look down upon. I understand the arguements against 12 step programs I really do. I wish they where never created. Then that would have forced people to turn to the one true God. Of course they had the QX Ford group but that didn't make it. What I'm saying if you come off like a basher people will reject your ideas. And one thing us Christians are good at is comeing off cocky and eating are own.
1/22/2019 01:00:18 pm
2/24/2019 11:52:44 am
I agree with Bob where has the church been all these years? When people where dieing and looking for help.
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.
Chad Prigmore is Pastor and President of The Way R122 Ministry USA & Kenya.